Sanding and Refinishing Floor Services
- At Millennium Hardwood we offer sand and finish services for solid wood, some engineered hardwoods and for of course on-site finish installation.
- We use some of the best on-site stain finishes available (Rubio Monocoat and Duraseal) and our craftsmen have over 20 years of experience in the on-site finish.
- Solid Wood – Most solid hardwoods can be sanded down and refinished if there was no extensive water damage and if the subfloor has not had serious damage to the point the floor would be unstable. Most homes in central Texas that do have solid wood tend to have domestic red oak that ranges from 2.1/4″ wide and up to 5″ wide. Resurfacing the floors in many cases is proffered because it allows the homeowner to change color and likely save money on the floors as opposed to replacing.
- Engineered Hardwood – Most engineered hardwoods sold in the past 25 years are not floors that can be refinished due to the thin veneer – sometimes less than 2mm. The good news is that as engineered hardwoods became more popular, and in many ways more stable than solid wood, manufacturers looked into ways to make them even more attractive to customers. The result of this is that now there are pre-finished engineered hardwoods that have up to 6mm wear veneer. These hardwoods can be sanded down and refinished, sometimes even multiple times. One thing to look for in your engineered floors is the top veneer dimensions. In most cases if this wear layer is 3mm or more then likely your floors can be sanded and refinished.
- These are just some of the available options
Price for sanding down and refinishing hardwood varies on the species, type of hardwood, color that has to be removed, and most importantly on the condition the floor is in. If you have questions and would like to schedule a free in-home estimate please contact our hardwood flooring experts: